Things you don't want to hear when having a sports massage to the groin:

Thursday 4 March 2010

"Hmm, the muscles are so tight I don't know what else I can do ... unless I use my elbow".

Eek! Yes, Tuesday was my appointment with the sports therapist for the pain in my butt, which has stopped my running for the last 10 days or so. After a very thorough examination, she concluded that as a result of me not rehabilitating my adductors after my earlier groin strain, the other muscles around my hip had started to overcompensate and were pulling on the bottom of the bone in my butt. The solution? Daily stretching and sports massage.

For anyone that hasn't had the pleasure of a sport massage -it is nothing like a regular massage! I regretted making a joke about someone who'd been given a wooden stick to bite down on during a sports massage from a rugby physio, especially when the therapist mentioned using her elbow!

So, no running for yet another week although I am allowed to swim. Unfortunately, I'm still eating the same amount as when I was training so may be carrying a few extra pounds by the time I start running again :-(

0 comments:

Post a Comment