Mixed blessings

Tuesday 16 March 2010

After attempting a very easy run last week and having to stop after just one mile, I had to face the fact that my injury hasn't healed and I probably won't be able to attempt running for another week or two. On Friday, I took the very difficult - and just a little emotional - decision to inform GSTT charity that I wouldn't be able to do the London marathon. I felt really sad writing the email and everytime I saw a runner over the weekend.

I got a lovely response from the charity on Monday, offering their sympathies and giving me the opportunity to have a charity place in next year's London marathon instead. I'm really excited that I'll have a place for next year, can roll my fundraising over, and won't be letting anyone down!

I'm still planning to do the Dublin marathon in October this year, with a plan to take it easy and just enjoy the experience. In any case, I think I'll need a break from my PhD by then, even if it is just for a long weekend :-)

I'm really itching to get back to running, especially with the current sunny and dry weather!

0 comments:

Post a Comment