To spin or not to spin?

Monday 11 January 2010

So, thanks to the massive mirror in the disabled toilet at work (still no idea why it needs to be so big), I have to accept the fact that marathon training alone is not going to give me a super toned physique. Sure, it burns hundreds of calories and has given me toned calves and quads but it doesn't do much for the rest of me. Possibly my current thinking of "Oh, I've been for a long/hard run so I can have a takeaway/extra bar of choc etc" is not helping either! I love Wii Fit as well but I'm not going to kid myself too much about that (although I do think rhythm boxing is doing something for my arms ...)

I've heard that spinning does great things for your thighs and butt but I've always been put off by the roar of the instructor that can be heard from the changing room at the gym - terrifying! Has anyone else tried spinning? And liked it?! Let me know ...

On a more positive note, my long run is now 12 miles and - big and - I haven't smoked a single cigarette for a month now. Very pleased with myself about that!

1 comments:

Joanne said...

Hi Mel
Spinning classes are brilliant. I did quite a lot of spinning last year as I was doing quite a lot of cycling so really reaped the benefit out on the road.

Give it a try, if you have an instructor who roars all the better :) will motivate you more to dig in and pedal faster.

Good luck with the training :)

Post a Comment