New Year, new ... ?

Tuesday 5 January 2010

... training plan! Many thanks are due to the very helpful JT at my running club for providing me with a training plan for the marathon. After easing off training for a couple of weeks to allow my irritating calf problem time to calm down, the plan is just what I needed. Plus GSTT charity are holding a training afternoon this Sunday, including a leg massage amongst other things - probably what I need more than the plan, actually!

I was cheered on during my long run at the weekend by a few smiles from passers by and a double thumbs up and words of encouragement from a shabby looking man in Peckham! Unfortunately, there's a rumour of more snow in London this week - fingers cross it misses us.

It's also time to start putting my back into fundraising. The karaoke night was tentatively planned for the 15th Jan but as the venue hasn't confirmed the booking with only ten days to go, it might well be postponed for a few weeks. Planning my fundraising strategies has also led to some interesting discoveries of well-known current and former local residents: Kenneth Brannagh, Emma Thompson, Jeremy Bowen, the lovely Joanna Lumley, Michael Caine, Will Self, Rio Ferdinand, Basement Jaxx, and my favourite - Florence from Florence & The Machine - to name just a few!

16 weeks to go!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like it's going well, loved the eye of the tiger / rocky reference in a previous post :)
the message i sent to my family about u doing this didn't seem to work so i shall have to actually talk to them, something i usually avoid doing but i can make an exception for u :p
keep up the good work and much good luck

Post a Comment