It's official: I have a "lazy butt"!

Wednesday 19 May 2010

I wonder if anyone ever goes to a sports physio and gets good feedback on the state of their body?! It seems that new trainers, some manipulation on my back, and daily exercises have started to make a difference to my respective arch, back, and hip-hitching problems. However, my physio has discovered the possible root of my hamstring and hip problems - I have a "lazy butt"! Yes, it seems that my brain is failing to engage my glutes when walking/running leading to an overload on my hamstrings/hips (especially on the right side). The scientist in me demanded to know why isn't my brain doing this? Has my brain had a falling out with my butt that I'm unaware of?! I'm content with the idea of my muscles not doing what they should but not with my brain failing to work properly!

Poor posture seems to be part of the problem. More exercises are the solution including practising walking using my glutes; I now feel like I'm mincing up and down the corridors at work. Hopefully it doesn't look as strange it as feels :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment