Things not to do before/during/after a long run

Tuesday 31 August 2010

1- Drink cocktails the night before, even if they are 2 for 1. Happy Hour on Friday night doesn't make for happy running on Saturday morning. Although, after a few miles of running my hangover had gone so maybe it wasn't such a bad thing after all ...
2- Store your jelly babies in your sports bra. Seemed like a good idea at the time (maybe due to point 1) as I haven't got around to getting a running belt but by 5 miles in, they were starting to get sticky. I thought I might get a few weird looks when I pulled a sweet out of my bra to munch on but no one seemed to notice/care - I guess that SE London for you!
3- Sit on your butt for the next two days and forget your daily stretching. Having decided to use the bank holiday to catch up with some thesis writing meant I moved very little for two days. Still feeling a little sore and stiff now.

Still 18 mile run out of the way and I don't seem to have done any serious damage. Bit of an 'easier' week this week, in terms of mileage at least: club race on Thurs (3ish miles) and (my first ever) half marathon on Sun :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment